DESIGN: Piero Lissoni + CRS Boffi / 2010
DESCRIPTION: The Aprile kitchen is a project designed to emphasize the value of using natural materials. The kitchen is planned using treated wood finishes, stainless steel and stone in different thicknesses, creating new solutions for worktops and peninsular eating areas.
Extractor hoods use an innovative externally vented system, and the project is further complemented by stainless steel legs on breakfast bar tops in solid wood. Top-mounted units are available with open face or sliding door options, with integrated lighting and available in different finishes; they can be used between worktop and bar top as well.
The project uses standard existing specifications and sizing for the carcasses, with the benefits this brings for unified modular integration. The doors can be made of solid wood staves in several widths and thicknesses , in order to create a 3d effect with the handle -which is built into the thickness of the door. The
doors are treated with natural oil.
Bearing structure: units in melamine-coated open-pore grey-graphite oak or silk white. The handle is inserted in side or upper door edge thickness.
Finished doors: Lasermat and Sileover; Decomat; laminate; stainless steel; aluminium; wood veneer (full range ol wood finishes available from Boffi); 3D wood (solid or veneer); solid wood; polyester; Ecolak; Metals; Corian®.
Worktops: with basin effect, recessed or not for the exclusive cooktops, th. 55/56/60/110/ 190 mm. Finishes, th . 60 mm (visible thickness: 10 mm): matt satin stainless steel -Corian® – stone -marble -granite (complete range except for Bihara stone). Finishes, th. 55 mm (visible thickne ss: 5 mm): matt satin stainless steel – C.R.S. Scotch Brite stainless steel. Finishes, th. 56 mm (visible thickness: 6 mm): Durinox®.
The customised or fixed-sized insets (with small or big sink, countertop waste chute) have a back area equipped wit h knives holder, containers with cover and elect rical sockets. It is possible to use semi- or flush-mounted hobs and sinks on worktops in Corian® or welded hobs and sinks on stainless steel tops.
Carcasses: made of 19mm. panels.
Doors and front panels:
– made of 23mm. medium density panels, matt lacquered Sileover or polyester, the full range of Boffi colours
– Made of 23mm. panels in veneer wood (species as per range)
– Corian ®
– 3 mm. aluminium sheet, steel/dark finish, with melamine-coated support in the same finish as carcass, th. 19 mm.
– Solid or veneer 3D wood
– Wood particle board panel, melamine-coated Decomat with laser edge
– Wood particle board panel, in laminate plated or Lasermat (range of Boffi colours)
– Stainless steel boxed structur e, with filling panel made ol light inert material
– Ecolak, water-based matt “Saft touch” lacquer (range of Boffi colours)
– Metals, metal-effect lacquer
– Solid wood
– micro-sandblasted steel sheet Durinox®
In extruded aluminium profile available in brushed stainless steel, white or matt black finishes. Other handles of Boffi range can be used.